Monday, November 2, 2009

2009 By The Numbers


I have received a bunch of emails over the past few weeks asking me the volume of training I did last year, and the simple answer "a lot" wasn't good enough, they wanted numbers. So, I figured I'd throw out an update of last years (48 weeks with a week off so only 47 training weeks) averages and totals. All the averages include recovery and race weeks which are about 50% of normal volume.

First the totals

Swim- 601,607- average of 12,533 a week.

Bike - 11,545- average 240 per week

Run- 1812- average 37 miles per week

My biggest running week was 60 miles 5 weeks out from Lake Placid- 7.27 hrs of running or 7:15 average pace.

The biggest bike week was 364 miles 4 weeks out from Lake Placid – 21.13 hrs of biking or just under 17.5 average.

Highest volume week was 32.75 hours (yea, it was a tough week, with 25 hrs of standing at the bike shop)

Lowest volume week besides the off week was 13.5 hrs. Which at that point in the year seemed like a lot.

This comes out to an average of 20.24 hrs per week, including recovery and race weeks.

The nutrition averages are the total year daily averages

Protein - 230 grams

Fat - 76 grams

Carbohydrates- 556 grams

Sleep average is 8.12 hrs, this will be going up in 2010!

The number I am most pleased with is the amount of time I was on my feet the day before Lake Placid, sub 25 minutes. Yup, less then 25 minutes, including dropping off my bike. I tried really hard in Kona to be close to 25 minutes, but with the really long transition, and the nice old man who walked me around, it just slowey slipped away. I ended up with 49:45 for the day.

No comments: