Tuesday, May 11, 2010

# 9

This post is to honor a good friend of mine who I will really miss over the next 22 weeks. We became friends in Kona last year, he was so good,cheap and filled my growling stomach.....

The Mcdonalds #9. For those of you who do know what a # 9 entails. I'll fill you in. 5 piece chicken selects (It must be good, its white meat!) a large fry and large soda all for $7.78. Tough to beat!

Here are the marco-nutritents for this sucker. Surprisingly, its actually one of the worst items on the menu :)
Fat 65
Pro 44
Cho 64
Anyways, I had my fair share of the # 9 over the course of last week along with LOTS of donuts, pizza and coffee.
But, the fun is over and its time to get back to work. I'll be treading water in Kailua Bay before I know it.

We have finalized the rest of the racing season and I am really excited to get out there and start racing.
I'll be at
Mooseman Olympic
Ashland Olmpic
Musselman Half
Marlboro Sprint
Kona.

I am looking forward to rebuilding fitness and showing up to the start line Oct 9th, fitter and fast then last year!

2 comments:

Paulito said...

wait a minute, youre racing the oly?! looks like its gonna be a fun weekend!

ps post kona you should enjoy a magic hat #9 with your mcdonalds #9

donna furse said...

Im confused about all the fast food? I understand over indulging after sacrificing for a long time on the Core diet, however sacrificing with really bad food doesn't make sense? Can you explain?