Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Take Two

I am finally back to training. I was supposed to start back Monday 5/10,but I woke up very sick and my knee was still a mess, so I pulled the plug and rested another week. I did start eating better - sorta. I went from 3 terrible meals a day to 1 or 2 bad meals. Its amazing how much better I started to feel once I had a few fruits and veggies! I was starting to get sick off all the bad food anyways!

Fast forward to this Monday 5/17, the knee is better, still not 100% but getting there. I had a little 2k swim planned. Man, it felt like I did 10k. My arms were smashed after my 29 min swim!
I am back in the gym, moving massive amounts of weight. Trying to get my weak triathlete body ready for another round of IM training.


Tuesday was the first ride back. 2.5 hours on the road bike. It was nice to be outside enjoying the day, the off time made me realize how much I love this training and racing stuff!

Quick fact - I rode less then 100 miles outside during the build up to St George.

While the time went by pretty fast, I could the feel the extra 9 pounds that is now attached to my mid section. I am pretty sure people saw this as I rode by....

2 comments:

Wess said...

I love that picture - was feeling how he looks not too long ago!
LOL!

donna furse said...

OMG you are hysterical, the picture is great. HOpe the knee feels better.