Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Garmin

So I broke down and bought one on Sunday.  With REI's price, it was very hard to pass up.  I used it today while out running and its cool to see your pace at that very second.  I think it will help with pacing on the long Z2 stuff, mile repeats and the 2 x 5k which is right around the corner.
Wow yesterday was pretty windy and cold, for some reason I was a dumbass and didn't dress well for the type of weather and was frozen 2 hrs in so I had to cut the ride short by 10 mins and then I was onto the 35 min ZR transition run, with gloves and a hat!!! in MAY!!!  The good news for the day I was able to use my cliff bar hot chocolate mix, ummmmm.
Today I threw down a 5000 yards swim broken up into various 200's.  Then I had to drive to school for my last final, intro to computers, a joke of a class if you ask me, so I hammered the final, came home had 3 eggs and an English muffin, then it was a 2.5 trainer ride with 8 x 2.5 BSE ( Best Sustainable Effort) 2.5 mins EZ.  I am not sure what sucks more BST's or BSE's.  BST's hurt like a half ironman, the pain creeps up until its unbearable, then you still have 3 mins left, whereas BSE's especially 2.5 mins, hurt like hell from the beginning.  I used 295 watts through the first 4 and 300 for the last 4, not rock star numbers but  remember its an even effort throughout. 
Then onto the 50 min, 7 mile, Z1 run. Good stuff and a solid day in the Wheelercamp.

No comments: