Monday, March 17, 2008

I Heart ZR Days

Yesterday went well, a solid 2hr of running to end the week. The first 80 mins went great, I was running well right around 7 min pace (Z1) then I started to feel the first week of Z2 work and Bounding, I managed to keep the pace even, until I had my Z2 work, 11mins. It was the first Z2 of the year, I was around 6:40 pace, not great but I'll get there.
Today was a rest day/ easy = ZR. It started with a wonderful 45 min swim at Y. I hate that place the pool is about 90 degrees and it brings out the crazy people.
Story # 1 I walk into the locker room to see a 65 year old man with his leg on the counter blow drying his BALLS. Thanks dude.
Story # 2 I was almost done with my swim, when all the old ladies who are there for water aerobics start their slow push across the pool, kinda like what hunters do when they are with a group looking for deer. So everyone doing laps is all of a sudden in 1 lane, no worries I have 2.5 mins left. I hit the wall when Ian Thrope Jr dives in (he is wearing a fire engine red Speedo) and throws down what looked like a sub 1 min 100 yard after that little display he completely blows up and does a little back stroke.
Then it was out the door for a 2.5 hr easy bike. I went 15mph the whole way with an avg hr of 114. Stupid easy. Now its time to stretch and go to work.

No comments: